Re: 2.6.0-test1 PCMCIA requires two insertions

Marino,

* Marino Fernandez <mjferna@yahoo.com> [2003-Jul-25 14:32 AKDT]:
> > In short, to make PCMCIA devices work, it appears I need to insert
> > them twice.  The second time it recognizes them and works it's
> > magic.
> >
> Why you don't do lsmod when it does not work and then lsmod when it works to
> see which modules are loaded/installed... what are the differences... then
> try to install the module you think you need when the PCMCIA modem does not
> work  with insmod... i.e. insmod themodule... and if that works just add the
> name of that module to /etc/modules.

Actually the drivers are build into the kernel in my normal
configuration, but even when I build them as modules, I still see the
same behavior -- inserting a new card requires two insertions before
the kernel recognizes them (even if the modules are already loaded in
advance).

I posted to the kernel mailing list, and got confirmation of this
behavior from another user, but so far no one has discussed the reasons
or solutions for it.  I don't really care too much, since the cards do
work eventually.  I'm sure the issue will be resolved before the big
commercial vendors start releasing their 2.6 versions.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key at: