2.6.0-test1 PCMCIA requires two insertions

Greetings

Marino helped me to find what I was doing wrong with my PCMCIA modem and
2.4.6-test1.  Thanks!  But something strange is still going on.

When I start up the laptop with an ethernet card in the slot, it doesn't
recognize it on boot, despite having the driver enabled in the kernel.
If I remove the card and re-insert it, it finds the device and sets it
up.  If I remove it and insert the modem card, nothing happens.  Remove
and insert again and it loads the modem.

In short, to make PCMCIA devices work, it appears I need to insert them
twice.  The second time it recognizes them and works it's magic.

Anyone know why this is?

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key at: