Re: 2.6.0-test1 PCMCIA requires two insertions

On Friday 25 July 2003 10:33 am, Christopher Swingley wrote:
> Greetings
>
> Marino helped me to find what I was doing wrong with my PCMCIA modem and
> 2.4.6-test1.  Thanks!  But something strange is still going on.
>
> When I start up the laptop with an ethernet card in the slot, it doesn't
> recognize it on boot, despite having the driver enabled in the kernel.
> If I remove the card and re-insert it, it finds the device and sets it
> up.  If I remove it and insert the modem card, nothing happens.  Remove
> and insert again and it loads the modem.
>
> In short, to make PCMCIA devices work, it appears I need to insert them
> twice.  The second time it recognizes them and works it's magic.
>
> Anyone know why this is?

Why you don't do lsmod when it does not work and then lsmod when it works to
see which modules are loaded/installed... what are the differences... then
try to install the module you think you need when the PCMCIA modem does not
work  with insmod... i.e. insmod themodule... and if that works just add the
name of that module to /etc/modules.