Re: Linux 2.6.0-test1, PCMCIA modem

On Thursday 24 July 2003 4:29 pm, Christopher Swingley wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I'm trying to figure out how to get 2.6.0-test1 running on a laptop.
> I've gotten it to run fine on many desktop systems, but on the laptop I
> just can't seem to figure out what I'm supposed to do in order to get a
> PCMCIA modem to work (the laptop has internal eth0, and a Winmodem).

I have a PCMCIA modem and it works with 2.6.0test1

In make menuconfig, look for Bus options, then:
Support for hotplugable devices		y
	PCMCIA/Cardbus support

		PCMCIA/CB support	y
		yenta compatible..	M
		i82092			y
		i82365			y
		Databook TCIC		M

Now, this is the module tree for my PCMCIA device with 2.4.21
	PCMCIA
		pcmcia_core
			yenta_socket
			ds
			serial_cs
				ds
				serial

And this is the one with 2.6.0:

PCMCIA built in (does not show with lsmod)
yenta_socket

Note also that serial_cd and serial are (I think) 2.4.x specific modules; I
have this in /etc/modules:

#Kernel 2.4.x
rtc
#power management
apm power_off=1

#pcmcia
serial_cs

#usb
usb-uhci

i810_rng
8139too
agpgart
i830

#sound
#snd-intel8x0
i810_audio

#Kernel common
ntfs
nls_iso8859-1
nls_cp437
yenta_socket
af_packet
#autofs4
#irport

#Kernel 2.6.x
usbcore
uhci-hcd   <-- note that this module is the same as usb-uhci, but this is the
2.6.xs version. I guess the same applies for serial_cs