Re: mouse wheel scrolling in mutt ???

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 10:55:08AM -0400, nori heikkinen wrote:
| on Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:43:37PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif insinuated:
| > Now, sequence does *not* matter, and I can scroll with my mouse
| > wheel in mutt -- just as long as I use xterm, instead of rxvt.
|
| i'm trying to figure out what you mean by this -- just that you can
| scroll upwards in your terminal, or that, while viewing a message in
| mutt in xterm, you can scroll the message up?  that is, does the
| scrolling happen specifically within mutt, or within the terminal?
| you mean the latter, right?

No, it would happen within mutt.  The key mapping causes xterm to send
the character '<' to the application running in the terminal instead
of handling the scroll event itself.  The reason it doesn't work with
rxvt is rxvt doesn't use xterm's key mapping resources.  (this isn't
to say that rxvt absolutely can't support the feature, but only that
the given solution is xterm-specific and I don't know anything about
rxvt)

This key mapping suggestion is really cool, and I should try it out
sometime :-).

-D

--
He who finds a wife finds what is good