Re: mouse wheel scrolling in mutt ???

Also sprach nori heikkinen (Wed 23 Jul 02003 at 10:55:08AM -0400):
> on Tue, 22 Jul 2003 05:43:37PM -0500, Michael D. Schleif insinuated:
> > Now, sequence does *not* matter, and I can scroll with my mouse
> > wheel in mutt -- just as long as I use xterm, instead of rxvt.
>
> i'm trying to figure out what you mean by this -- just that you can
> scroll upwards in your terminal, or that, while viewing a message in
> mutt in xterm, you can scroll the message up?  that is, does the
> scrolling happen specifically within mutt, or within the terminal?
> you mean the latter, right?
>
> confused,

While reading a message in mutt's pager, I can now use my mouse wheel to
move up and down _inside_the_message_, rather than using [enter],
[backspace], [pgup] or [pgdown].  So, to answer your question, the
scrolling is confined to mutt's pager, rather than the entire terminal.

Unfortunately, this comes at a price.  xterm behaves differently than
rxvt for colors, fonts, screen flashing, cut-and-paste, &c.

I am still struggling to get my xterm mutt to behave as rxvt mutt in all
other respects . . .

--
Best Regards,

mds