Re: OT: why I don't want CCs

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 06:08, MJM wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2003 23:07, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 05:14:08PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > > Please let's not start a flamewar.  I won't cc you anymore since
> > > you read the lists all of the time.
> >
> > Better yet, don't CC unless someone has requested that you do
> > through the accepted methods of using Followup-To...
>
> Just saw this thread.  It brings up a point that I've wondered about.
>  To respond to this list  I have to hit the Reply-All button.  Then I
> have to clean out other recipients other than the list address. IF I
> just use the Reply button, the person, not the list, is entered into
> the To: field. PITA. I use KMail - is it being lame?

I use kmail too. I am filtering the debian-user mailing list to a
seperate folder called "debian-user" (smart, eh? ;) ) with the builtin
filter options. I use the "X-Mailing-List: " header for that. The
folder options are set to "folder contains a mailing list" and the
mailing-list adress: "debian-user@lists.debian.org". Now when you reply
to a thread, you want to hit the "l" button (ell) instead of "r" This
will reply to the list.

> (I've got "learn Mutt" on my todo list - started playing with it
> tonight.)

I tried that, but I hate vim being the default editor, setting it to
xemacs caused problems in my xterm. Furthermore I use pop/smtp to
get/sen my emails via a freemail provider, and I did not want to mess
around with exim & co. to send mail. Kmail does this all ok for me. I
guess I am lame, too.

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!