"DriveReady SeekComplete" errors with new hard drive

I just recently added a new hard drive to my firewall machine and I'm
seeing the following errors:

Jun 17 06:05:59 Bigbrother kernel: hdc: dma_intr: status=0x51 {
DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
Jun 17 06:05:59 Bigbrother kernel: hdc: dma_intr: error=0x40 {
UncorrectableError }, LBAsect=10914399, sector=10914224
Jun 17 06:05:59 Bigbrother kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 16:01
(hdc), sector 10914224

Looking through the kernel documentation, I see mention of a similar
error:

  hda: set_multmode: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
  hda: set_multmode: error=0x04 { DriveStatusError }

These seem similar enough, except for the "dma_intr" vs "set_multmode"
parts differing. And something tells me that those differences might, in
fact, be rather substantial.

Is anyone familiar with this error? Is it anything to be concerned
about? Is there any way to fix it? I've heard that getting a "DriveReady
SeekComplete" error could be a sign of imminent drive failure, but this
drive is almost brand new. I've never had any problems with it before.
And, as far as I've been able to tell, it isn't losing any data or
behaving in any other strange way. Any suggestions?

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837