Re: debian

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 03:21:39PM -0700, John Sunderhaus wrote:

> But your point is well taken; you can productively run X on an
> underpowered machine - but I'll bet you aren't happy.

I'd bet quite the contrary.  Chances are they use it because they *are*
happy with it.  I much prefer my Blackbox based X configuration to
anything else available for Windows, Mac, or Linux.  Why?  Because it's
what *I* chose.  Not what someone else decided I should use.  Does it
have all the latest eye candy?  Hell *no*.  That's one of the main
reasons I use it.  I don't want all that extra overhead (and yes, my
system has more than enough processor power to spare).  The point is,
it's all about choice.

--
Jamin W. Collins