Re: debian

John Sunderhaus <jsunderhaus@cox.net> writes:

> I just don't see how its physically possible to install Linux on a
> machine with less than 256MB and a nameless monitor and find happiness -
> unless you like working at the command prompt.

I run gnome2 at work. Machine is a celeron 466 with 64 megs of ram. I
use evolution for mail, and mozilla for the net. That's the heaviest
software I run. It runs ok unless I run both at the same time. I run
windowmaker on a laptop pentium 100 with 48 megs (even enlightenment
is usable). It's livable.

Lighter window managers and apps make a huge difference.

Bijan