nfs through dsl router

Hi folks,

I would liketo be able to mount a directory from my work computer
(debian sid, with a fixed IP address) from my home computer
(debian-ppc-woody, behind a simple, cheap router from smc).  I've set
up nfsd on the work machine, and it does work for localhost (that is,
I can mount a directory from my work machine at a mountpoint on the
same machine, as an nfs device).  However, I can't seem to mount the
volume from my home machine, even when I include the following line in
/etc/exports:

/home/me  *(rw)

(obviously not a good plan for permanent use...)

Is this a port forwarding issue?  If so, how do I figure out which
ports I need to tell the router to forward on to the home machine?

Thanks for the hints,
mat