Re: debian

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 02:49:18PM -0400, Alfredo Valles wrote:

> I remember that in one interview with Knopper they ask him if anyone
> of the debian developers team have come to him to ask for his advice
> to add knoppix autodetection to a debian installer.  He said that
> there wasn't such a contact.

So, if you want it, contact him, learn it, make it happen.

There seem to be so many people bitching about the lack of
auto-detection, yet none of them seem to want to spend the time/effort
to make it happen.

I'm sure some will think my comments are too harsh.  However, as with
most any volunteer project, things only get worked on if someone wants
to volunteer their time to it.  So far, it doesn't appear that many (if
any) are interested in taking the necessary steps to make it happen.

This is rather like the frequent request for an "optimized" Debian, and
the response is much the same.  If you want it to happen, put forth the
effort.  No, continued bitching doesn't count as effort, it's nothing
more than whining.

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar