Re: debian

From: Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>
To: Debian Users <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: debian
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 23:23:18 -0700

I might understand some developers not liking bootfloppies because they are hard to maintain, but as a user I say the boot floppies rock! I love the debian install, what the hell is there to complain about. I've installed debian on lots of boxes from 386's to P4's, from mk68's to Power4's, sparc to ultriIIIi's. And its all the same easy install. Wether its on the monitor, over a serial console, etc its the same and has never once crashed on me.

You can't even escape to a shell in the redhat 9 graphical install disks. I recently tried redhat 8 on a box, using the graphical install and it crashed every single time before it completed. The worst thing was it wasn't doing anything, the install configuration was over, it was just writting from the CD to the disk. It crashes, then reboots the damn system automatically, not way to try and fix things, reboots and starts you all over again.

I love those bootdisks.