Re: debian

I've lost track of hows many times I've "installed' Debian because
of making wrong decisions during the installation.

My observation is that the installation tries to do too much.  It
tries to consider all possible choices that could be made, many of
which some users don't need or even understand but don't know what to do about them. At least, that's in my case.

If there was a separate alternate installation process where only the essentials are taken care of, leaving the 'special' applications
to be added after the basic Debian is running, I'm sure you'd find
fewer complaints about Debian.

Debian is an excellent system once you have it running. It's too bad that it gets a bad name simply because the trouble people have with its installation.