About to format the hard drive for the 3rd Debian installation-helpppp

Hi
I guess it should be nomral to format your hard disk for the 3rd time if you are a newbie to Debian.
The last BAD thing I have done is:
I compiled and installed the new Qt (3.2beta1) and guess what ? KDE does not work any more.
I removed and re-installed KDE3.1 with libqt-mt 3.1 but no difference.
Still I get the same error message:

"libkdefx.so.4 : undefined symbol: _ZN6QStyle6polishEP12QApplication "

So please help me before I format my drive ;-)

Thanks in advance
Hamid