Re: Very slow nfs client (woody) > server (woody)

Support said on Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:40:02PM +0100:
> Server:
> #pmap_dump
>     100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
>     100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
>     100003    2   udp   2049  nfs
                ^         ^^^^^^^^^

Just a guess: I have 4 of these entries... and I'm pretty sure that you're
supposed to have more than one kernel NFS thread on the server.  Are you using
the userspace NFS server?  That would account for the poor NFS performance.
You're also using NFS v2 instead of v3... v3 will probably help you also.

What is the RPCNFSDCOUNT in /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server?  And how many nfsds
are you running? (ps ax | grep nfsd)

> Yes I'm running it as a nis server as well, the only difference is that
> the server is running nfs and mountd, these AFAIK are server related
> only.

That's correct.