Re: Courier-imap setup problem: Maildir not found?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Igor Stroh" <jenner@dpost.de>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2003 12:24 AM
Subject: Re: Courier-imap setup problem: Maildir not found?

> Courier-IMAP requires that user's $HOME/Maildir/ exists and the
> permissions are set so the user can chdir into this directory (usually
> 700). Try `man maildirmake` or `man courier.maildirmake`. Before your
> mails get delivered into a Maildir instead of a mbox file, you have to
> setup your MTA (exim) appropriately. afaik there's even an example
> config in /usr/share/doc/exim/...
>
> > So, the install process of courier-imap seems buggy, but I guess it is
> > specific to some condition I have, since I see no bug report or thread
about
> > these issues. What do I need to do to get this working?
>
> It's not buggy :) You can't expect courier package to create a Maildir/
> for each user upon install...

Thank you for your reply. I have read the maildirmake man page before but
maybe I've missed the line saying where should the mailfolder be. I think a
"cd /home/$USER; maildirmake Maildir" for all users will do the trick then.
Thank you

I was suspecting that bit your refered from exim, but I was not even sure
exim was left in the installation. I think I got lost with what is running
in my system..

PS: Actually, I would expect courier to do it... at lest for the users
created AFTER courier install... (This would be something like writing to
the /etc/skel , if I'm not mistaken)... but ok :-)