Re: Courier-imap setup problem: Maildir not found?

> > Courier-IMAP requires that user's $HOME/Maildir/ exists and the
> > permissions are set so the user can chdir into this directory (usually
> > 700). Try `man maildirmake` or `man courier.maildirmake`. Before your
> > mails get delivered into a Maildir instead of a mbox file, you have to
> > setup your MTA (exim) appropriately. afaik there's even an example
> > config in /usr/share/doc/exim/...
> >
> > > So, the install process of courier-imap seems buggy, but I guess it is
> > > specific to some condition I have, since I see no bug report or thread
> about
> > > these issues. What do I need to do to get this working?
> >
> > It's not buggy :) You can't expect courier package to create a Maildir/
> > for each user upon install...
>
> Thank you for your reply. I have read the maildirmake man page before but
> maybe I've missed the line saying where should the mailfolder be. I think
> "cd /home/$USER; maildirmake Maildir" for all users will do the trick
then.
> Thank you
>
> I was suspecting that bit your refered from exim, but I was not even sure
> exim was left in the installation. I think I got lost with what is running
> in my system..
>
> PS: Actually, I would expect courier to do it... at lest for the users
> created AFTER courier install... (This would be something like writing to
> the /etc/skel , if I'm not mistaken)... but ok :-)

Just to end the thread:
I kept having problems after changing what seemed obvious in
/etc/exim/exim.conf
(This file comments say to uncomment "maildir_format"). I found the solution
at

http://talk.trekweb.com/~jasonb/articles/exim_maildir_imap.shtml

Thanks to Todd Pytel and Igor Stroh for the help given.
Joao Clemente