Re: lists vs. subscribe (was Re: mutt to follow discussions.)

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:04:32AM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Not a doc bug -- that part of the documentation is immediately
> created from the relevant program code.  But, of course, the Debian
> package may unset use_domain in the systemwide configuration file
> /etc/Muttrc.

That's exactly right, sorry.  I looked for /etc/muttrc by mistake.

The debian /etc/Muttrc has:

# don't add the hostname to the From header
unset use_domain
# don't generate a From header
unset use_from

There is no $hostname set in /etc/Muttrc, though.  So is their unset of
$use_domain intended to prevent using the "compile time definition
obtained from /etc/resolv.conf"?

--
Bill "needs a weekend" Moseley
moseley@hank.org