Re: lists vs. subscribe (was Re: mutt to follow discussions.)

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 01:40:51PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On a related note:  I noticed that my reply had:

>         Debian users list <debian-user@lists.debian.org>,
>         Mutt users list <mutt-users@mutt.org>
>
> "moseley@murphy.debian.org" is not my address.
>
> I didn't have $hostname set in my .muttrc so I assume it set the
> the debian mail servers the address was qualified with a domain.

And to follow up to my own post.  Mutt 1.5.4i (2003-03-19)
does not set $use_domain yes by default.  The docs say:

use_domain

Type: boolean
Default: yes

When set, Mutt will qualify all local addresses (ones without the @host
portion) with the value of `` $hostname''. If unset, no addresses will
be qualified.

But I needed to set it in my .muttrc to get mutt to qualify my address
in the Mail-Followup-To header.  So a doc bug.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org