Re: Mozilla opens full-screen with Xinerama

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 06:24:54PM -0400, Brad Sawatzky wrote:
> Try xfwm as your window manager.  It's configurable, light-weight and
has
> full xinerama support (unlike most other wm's I've tried).
>
> Mozilla works properly on my xinerama setup under xfwm.  (Actually the
> nightlies aren't/weren't built with the xinerama option enabled.  The
only
> visible glitch with a stock build seems to be that menus will happily
span
> across monitor breaks.  This is only a real PITA if you have different
> sized monitors as the menu can disappear off the bottom of the second
> screen.  Add the line "ac_add_options --enable-xinerama" to your
.mozconfig
> if you want to roll your own.)
> On Tue, 27 May 2003, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > >
> > > If you change icewm to another window manager, does the problem
persist?
> > > If not, then it's most likely icewm.  If it does, then it's one
of the
> > > other two.
> > Well, I tried fvwm2 (one that I had installed) and also tried
without
> > xinerama, and mozilla is always opening new windows to the size of
the
> > screen.  Even if I resize it smaller, exit, and reopen it still
goes to
> > the edge of the screen.  Again, this is *not* maximized.
> > Oh, just one more think to track down.

i'm actually seeing this as well come recently on sid with metacity as
the wm.  mozilla is opening maximized covering everything but my
gnome-panels.  hitting the maximize button shrinks it down to a more
acceptable size.

--
| glynis@hjsoft.com         http://www.hjsoft.com/~glynis/ |