Re: konsole font

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 09:58:02AM +0000, Gabor Szekelyhidi wrote:
> Soren Andersen wrote:
> > As I understand it our bitmapped screen fonts are the ones we want for
> > Konsole; and that on modern Linux those fonts are found in the format
> > *.pcf (instead of *.bdf or various other formats of the past). And if I
> > understood correctly we should be seeing a font named "fixed" in a font
> > selector dialogue, but aren't.
> >
> > Still a mystery.
> >

> Hi,
>
> I had the same problem. After I uncommented the line
> <dir>/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
> in /etc/fonts/local.conf, I had access to "Fixed" for Konsole. I'm not using
> a font server, I just have all the directories listed in XF86Config-4, not
> sure if that makes a difference.

I don't _have_ a dir /etc/fonts at all. That seems pretty strange and
suggests to me that you have some font-related Debian package installed,
that I do not. BTW, like you, I am not running a stand-alone xfs
(anymore, after reading recent threads made me understand that I don't
need it to get TTF fonts with a XFree86 v4 server); and also like you I
have all the directories set up in XF86Config-4 (which does make a
difference as I can get "fixed" in other X apps, see it in 'xfontsel'
etc.).

There is a way that one can find out what *package* a given file in the
Debian filesystem tree comes from. It might be a dpkg command or
something else, and I cannot recall it right now. I'd be much obliged if
you might try to find out which package your file
"/etc/fonts/local.conf" comes from and let me know on the List.

   Thanks.
--
See my OpenPGP key at https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as