Re: Pctel modem problem

Check the list of modems here
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/pci_list.html
http://www.idir.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html

if your modem is not listed there with a Penguin next to it, probabely it is almost impossible to make it work.

Jose wrote:

Petr Šimon wrote:

thanks for try, but I am quite afraid that problem is not in software. My modem still doesn't respond. So what I probably need is to set up the modem or to find out if it can be set up. I have been searching web for few days and I found a lot about PCTel Inc HSP MicroModem 56, sometimes it said that it works sometimes that it doesn't. Strange thing is that their outputs of lspci -v differed from mine toot much. I don't understand hardware problems, but I can imagine that lspci -v should be quite similar if we are talking about the same modem. As for testing with wvdial, the only response I got is "Modem is not responding" :-( What's next? I am beginning to be quite pessimistic... (bloody winmodems ghrrr)

Hi,

I don`t know a word about winmodems (or linmodems), but maybe you can find something in here

http://www.linmodems.org