Re: X nuking my monitor

Nicos Gollan wrote:

I've got a little problem with X11. I'm running the 4.2.1-6 packages and I've had rather bad behaviour with an ATI Radeon 8500 running DRI drivers and a 9500 running the ATI drivers. The problem is that on starting X, the display goes to powersave and then degausses when the server is coming up. This - to be blunt - sucks big time and can't be good for my monitor. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Once up, try hitting Ctrl-Alt-PlusOnTheNumberPad to change res settings and see what happens. If that helps, you'll need to either twiddle with XF86Config-4 or run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and tell it lower specs for the monitor.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)