Re: Issues with pine (, openwebmail, postfix)

On Wed, 21 May 2003, Bates-Kobashigawa, Jun-Dai wrote:

> I installed pine on my debian (woody) box, and changed very little from
> the initial configurations.  I'm running into a frustration, where every
> time I open pine, pine grabs the email from /var/mail and dumps it into
> saved-messages.  The inbox contains all the emails from saved-messages.

This might be what you're looking for. Pine will under some
circumstances automatically move read mail to a particular mailbox,
although it's usually "mbox". To stop this, stick:

disable-these-drivers=mbox

At the end of your .pinerc file. Even though your file isn't "mbox", use
the line above. If that's what's going on, it should fix it.

See also:

  <http://www.washington.edu/pine/pine-info/2000.12/msg00021.html>

- Aaron

--
Aaron Hall           :         I the hari kari again will make equal.
ahall@vitaphone.net  :         -- Hawkeye Pierce, via French and German