Re: Open Sound System Driver error

* Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> [030519 17:02]:
> Hello,
>
> I found htis page where somebody says alsa can be
> used:
> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/201/1999/5/50/1707139/
>
> Then I did an apt-get on alsa-base - however, during
> boot time alsa complains it can't find the module snd.
> I can't find the module in the modconf either - anyway
> that seems to be a very minimal set of modules ! (I
> installed using the first Debian cd)
>
> Can I install the needed module or do I have to change
> configurations ?

you can install the alsa modules very easily if you are running Debian
kernel. Assuming this is the case do:

apt-cache search alsa-modules

Then apt-get install the one that corresponds to your kernel (find out
with "uname -r")

Or save on keystrokes with

apt-get isntall alsa-modules-`uname -r`

Cheers,

Nick.

--
Debian testing/unstable
Linux twofish 2.4.20-looxt93c7 #1 Thu May 15 18:07:35 JST 2003