Re: Setting default printing across applications

Hi Gee

I've tried various permutations but not managed to get a result yet.

On (16/05/03 19:40), Gee Law wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 06:32:30PM +0100, Clive Menzies wrote:
> There's more in depth documentation at /usr/share/doc/muttprint
> I use CUPS as my printing system and lpr/lp works fine.
>
> > I have two printers in /etc/printcap.cups: Epson(local) and HydraHP(network)
> snip
> > Is there a work around whereby I can force the printing of what's in the
> > print queue (lpq)?
>
> You'll have to ask someone more experienced with printing. Printing just
> works for me (postscript printers rule)
>
> What does lpq say?

clive@apollo:~$ lpq
waiting for lp to become ready (offline ?)
Rank   Owner      Job  Files                                 Total Size
1st    clive      0    (standard input)                      90627 bytes
2nd    clive      1    (standard input)                      2550 bytes
3rd    clive      2     ...                                  1905567
bytes
4th    clive      3    (standard input)                      233860
bytes
5th    clive      4    (standard input)                      91349 bytes
6th    clive      5    (standard input)                      2270370
bytes
7th    clive      6    (standard input)                      403453
bytes
8th    clive      7    (standard input)                      91315 bytes
9th    clive      8    (standard input)                      180682
bytes
10th   clive      9    (standard input)                      79872 bytes
11th   clive      10   (standard input)                      1395 bytes
12th   clive      11   (standard input)                      8876 bytes
13th   clive      12   (standard input)                      8876 bytes
14th   clive      13   (standard input)                      16863 bytes
15th   clive      14   (standard input)                      7659 bytes
16th   clive      15   (standard input)                      1019 bytes
17th   clive      16   (standard input)                      1019 bytes
18th   clive      17   (standard input)                      1019 bytes
19th   clive      18   (standard input)                      183765
bytes
20th   clive      19   (standard input)                      183765
bytes
21st   clive      20   (standard input)                      187306
bytes

So according to lpq my printer is lp but it is busy/unavailable and yet
it will print from other applications.  All of the queued messages above
I believe are from mutt.

Thanks

Clive

www.clivemenzies.co.uk - strategies for business