Re: Show changes before download/install

Graham Williams wrote:
but for large packages and over a low bandwidth connection I'd like to
check the changes before I download. Is there another solution - like
some way of accessing just the changelog file without having to
download the whole package?

Thanks,
Graham

look at packages.qa.debian.org/<first letter of package>/<package name>.html in your favorite web browser? The news is generally updated frequently enough that the changelog is available by the time the package hits testing, but I don't really know how fast that is. You could also just browse the archives of debian-devel-changes which I assume is pretty much current with unstable uploads if packages.qa isn't.