Re: Gcompris 2.3-5 Woody Backport from Sid?

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 08:16:20PM -0400, James Strandboge wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 09:10, James Strandboge wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 02:14, Dan Hunt wrote:
> > > Your advice on this effort?
> > > Can I install gcompris 2.3-5 on stable, without breaking too many things?
> > > There is the Woody version 1.03-3 and the Unstable version 2.3-5
> > > I have downloaded the gcompris_2.3-5_i386.deb to /tmp.
> > > Has anyone, can anyone backport this to stable? How would I do it?
> > >
> > I tried to backport it to my gnome2.2 backport, but it didn't work
> > well.  I checked the BTS and found that people using sid also had
> > difficulties.  It looks like the bug may now be resolved.  I can try to
> > backport again.
> >
> The gcompris package now seems to work in general.  There are a few
> files missing, so I will be working on the package to add the files and
> get it into the gnome2.2 backport hopefully soon.

Thanks for including gcompris, six to eight children will be happy later!
Four of ours, four on loan while the parents are at work.

I do like Gnome! What changes would I make to my etc/apt/sources.list
to pick up your Gnome 2.2 backport?

Thanks So much,

Dan