Re: Gcompris 2.3-5 Woody Backport from Sid?

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 00:15, Dan Hunt wrote:
> > The gcompris package now seems to work in general.  There are a few
> > files missing, so I will be working on the package to add the files and
> > get it into the gnome2.2 backport hopefully soon.
> >

> Thanks for including gcompris, six to eight children will be happy later!
> Four of ours, four on loan while the parents are at work.
>
> I do like Gnome! What changes would I make to my etc/apt/sources.list
> to pick up your Gnome 2.2 backport?

Ok.  I fixed up the package and it seems to work pretty well.  The only
things to keep in mind are that:

1)  you need to make sure that the locale you want to use is generated
(eg dpkg-reconfigure -plow locales)

2) the C locale is not defined in gcompris

3) french is the best supported locale in terms of sounds.  But the game
works in all of them (from what I can tell).

Read:
http://debianplanet.org/node.php?id=924
http://people.debian.org/~walters/gnome2.html

for details about installing the backport.  Gcompris will hit the
mirrors tonight after 1:00am EST.

Jamie Strandboge

--
James Strandboge