Re: make-kpkg

On Thursday 15 May 2003 22:25, Travis Crump wrote:
> Mike M wrote:
> > Can anyone help me understand the problems I had with with the modules
> > and the initrd when I used make-kpkg?  I used these resources to guide me
> > in using make-kpkg:
> >
> > http://www.thing.dyndns.org/debian/kerneldeb.htm
> > http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html
>
> Did you use the '--initrd' flag with make-kpkg?  The documents you have
> linked don't seem to mention this so presumably their authors don't use
> initrd.
>
> Did you compile cramfs into the kernel?  What I did the first time I
> compiled the kernel was to start with the config of my current packaged
> kernel and only changed stuff that I 'understood'.

I took that same approach - at first.  The sourceforge doc mentions initrd as
added difficulty that can be avoided but does not detail how to actually do
the avoiding.  I figured it out, but my head is bruised.  The --initrd flag
looks promising.  I did look at man make-kpkg today - briefly - and that
option didn't jump out at me I'm sorry to admit.

I'll check the cramfs option too.

--
Mike M.