Re: make-kpkg

Mike M wrote:

Can anyone help me understand the problems I had with with the modules and the initrd when I used make-kpkg? I used these resources to guide me in using make-kpkg:

http://www.thing.dyndns.org/debian/kerneldeb.htm
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/system/kernel-pkg.html

Did you use the '--initrd' flag with make-kpkg? The documents you have linked don't seem to mention this so presumably their authors don't use initrd.

Did you compile cramfs into the kernel? What I did the first time I compiled the kernel was to start with the config of my current packaged kernel and only changed stuff that I 'understood'.