Re: Mutt & GnuPG

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:48:22AM -0400, ScruLoose wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:35:35AM +0200, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Colin Watson wrote:
> >
> > Okay, I was asking for it.  :)  The problem, though, is that there are
> > few e-mail clients out there that understand PGP/MIME.  What's worse,
> > there is an e-mail client that breaks with PGP/MIME -- Outlook.
>
> There are some... presumably a few even under Win{dows|doze|blows}.
> If people continue to use a client that refuses to handle PGP/MIME properly
> (even after how long now?)... then I think it's totally valid to point out
> to those people:  "Your client program is rendering it wrong.  This is a
> bug. Report the bug, and if it doesn't get fixed find a new mail client."
>
> If someone's prepared to keep using Outlook in spite of its myriad other
> problems (running from the merely annoying bloat to the catastrophic
> security vulnerabilities) then it seems to me that adding "view attachment"
> to the already-long list of Outlook annoyances is pretty minor.

Er, isn't it Outlook _Express_ that isn't MIME complaint?  I
understood that Outlook (not the same program as OE) can handle
PGP/MIME just fine, at least after changing a few settings.

I don't use Outlook or Outlook Express (though I fear that may change
as I transition to my new job) so I may be talking out of my ass.  If
so, sorry for the confusion.

  It doesn't matter what you are doing, emacs is always overkill.
          -- Stephen J. Carpenter