Re: Mutt & GnuPG

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:26:15PM -0000, vdemart@supereva.it wrote:
> following the mini HOWTO on this subject I've been able to set up Mutt
> to use gpg. I've simply included the file gpg.rc provided in
> /usr/share/doc/mutt into .muttrc and it all works! But, when I send an
> only GPG signed message to my office email on M$ exchange, Outlook
> shows me an empty message with an attached file, the signature. How
> can I avoid that?

That's Outlook's fault. Not much you can do, as far as I know, other
than join the queue of people complaining to Microsoft about it ...

(Well, you could use traditional PGP clearsigning, I suppose; but that's
non-standard and often requires special processing. For example, the
Debian bug tracking system has some nice and clear MIME-handling code,
which includes handling of PGP/MIME, and then an ugly hack for
traditional PGP. I wouldn't recommend it.)

Cheers,