Re: root doesn't (and hasn't) rec'd mail in a long time

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 05:44:10PM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> My subject explains things best and I'd like to "reset" something so
> that my system starts sending mail to root for different "jobs" that are
> run.
>
> root doesn't have a .forward file, nor any procmail recipes. In
> /etc/aliases, before today, it was the exim default config file. Today,
> I added "root: hall".
>
> Is there a debconf option that I may have turned off or on to stop
> having messages sent to root ??

~~~~~
/etc/exim/exim.conf

# No local deliveries will ever be run under the uids of these users (a colon-
# separated list). An attempt to do so gets changed so that it runs under the
# uid of "nobody" instead. This is a paranoic safety catch. Note the default
# setting means you cannot deliver mail addressed to root as if it were a
# normal user. This isn't usually a problem, as most sites have an alias for
# root that redirects such mail to a human administrator.

never_users = root
~~~~~

Might help.

--
Gee Law, gee(at)cromulent(dot)org(dot)uk
www.dizzyduck.uklinux.net [GPG key]