Re: root doesn't (and hasn't) rec'd mail in a long time

"Hall Stevenson" <hallstevenson@mindspring.com> writes:
[snip]
> Exim's log is saying this at the moment:
>
> 2003-05-14 17:08:02 Start queue run: pid=8944
> 2003-05-14 17:08:02 19Fue2-0002GF-00 == root@eeyore.xxxxxxxxx.net
> T=local_delivery defer (-43): Retry time not yet reached
> 2003-05-14 17:08:02 19FuXG-0002DB-00 == root@eeyore.xxxxxxxxx.net
> <postmaster@eeyore.xxxxxxxxx.net> T=local_delivery defer (-43): Retry
> time not yet reached
> 2003-05-14 17:08:02 End queue run: pid=8944
>
> Looks like I need to change something still...

I think the best course of action is to explain exactly what you're
trying to do and what type of setup you've got. What is your
connection to the internet? Are you on a local LAN with full services,
e.g., your own DNS server, or is this a single box connected to the
internet via dialup/Cable/DSL and you want Exim to deliver local mail
to the same machine on which it resides, as well as to external folks
via your connection to the internet?

My experience is limited to setting up Exim on a full-service LAN and
if that's not what you have I may not be the right person to try and
figure this out.

You might even consider doing a "eximconfig" to see if there is a
better choice for you than you made during it's initial install. Be
aware, and I think it warns you of this, it'll overwrite your current
exim.conf file (but I think it makes a backup copy first, best to make
one yourself though first).

Gary