root doesn't (and hasn't) rec'd mail in a long time

My subject explains things best and I'd like to "reset" something so
that my system starts sending mail to root for different "jobs" that are
run.

root doesn't have a .forward file, nor any procmail recipes. In
/etc/aliases, before today, it was the exim default config file. Today,
I added "root: hall".

Is there a debconf option that I may have turned off or on to stop
having messages sent to root ??

Regards
Hall

--
-=< A .sig ?? What in the world is a .sig for ?? ;-) >=-