Re: vncserver

* Raffaele Sandrini <rasa@gmx.ch> [2003-May-08 10:18 AKDT]:
> Fatal server error:
> Couldn't add screen
>
> This says to me that vncserver just can't interpret the errors from Xvnc :)).
> However, this does not help me eather :)). I also don't know how to handle
> this error, since VNC doesn't know screens... What screens are meant here?
> Xfree86 screens??

I'm no expert on VNC, but one thing I noticed recently is that when VNC
starts up a new X session it looks for you're ~/.xsession file (which
describes which applications to start, and finally, what window manager
to run).  I typically start X using 'startx' and keep this information
in ~/.xinitrc.  So I couldn't figure out why my VNC sessions were always
using strange and broken window managers.  Once I copied my ~/.xinitrc
-> ~/.xsession, my VNC sessions look like my normal X windows sessions.

Chris
--
Christopher S. Swingley          email: cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu
IARC -- Frontier Program         Please use encryption.  GPG key at: