Re: vncserver

Raffaele Sandrini(rasa@gmx.ch) is reported to have said:
> On Wednesday 07 May 2003 20:23, Wayne Topa wrote:
> > > Wheres the problem here?
> >
> > The problen is:  You did not read the man page.
> >
> > man vncserver
> >
> > :-) HTH, YMMV, HAND :-)
> >

> I read the man and there is the above problem never mentioned. It tells only

Oh?   Your original post said:
i get an error message "~/.vnc: No such file or directory"

and the manual page has:
FILES
       Several VNC-related files are found in the directory $HOME/.vnc:

> about the configuration... The point is that i have installed vncserver on
> two different PCs wich both run woody. On the one (this one here) vncserver
> works perfeclty on the other not. I didn't change the configuration on both
> sides. This means to me that something is missing on my other Computer wich
> is not mentioned in the package depencies...

When I installed vncserver I also found it didn't start so, after reading
the man page, I did 'mkdir .vnc' in my home directory.  When I started
the server again, it created the required files, which require editing
to get it working the way you want.

Some things you have to do yourself.  I don't believe many, if any,
packages create your $HOME config files.

--
All computers wait at the same speed.