Re: change the naming of eth0 and eth1

On Thursday 08 May 2003 08:50, Thomas Gebhardt wrote:
> As far as I can see, there is also no possibilty to modify
> interrupt numbers and IO-adresses of the NICs in the BIOS setup.

You can do this by specifying the irq and IO on the boot command line. I have
had to do this many times in the past on firewalls and such. Here is an
example from my firewall "ether=10,0x7000,eth0" which is
ether=irq,base_io_addr,dev_name. I have this in my lilo.conf.

Syd

--
Protect your privacy.

"I may despise what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to
say it."
-- Voltaire