Re: change the naming of eth0 and eth1

Hi,

> Bouncing this back at the list, generally not a good idea to take
> threads off-list when they're still on-topic.

You're right, this happened accidently, Thank you!

> This is the case.  AFAIK, when you're using two of the same NIC like
> you are, you're not going to get your preferred order on the system,
> if you're that picky, instead of trying to convince the software, just
> get behind the box and swap the network cables...

Yes, that was what I tried at first. Unfortunately the out-of-band
management processor on the motherboard is also picky and does
only listen to one of the interfaces, so I had to swap the cables
back :-( .

As far as I can see, there is also no possibilty to modify
interrupt numbers and IO-adresses of the NICs in the BIOS setup.

My primary intention to interchange eth0 and eth1 was the strong
desire not to have different config files for just this single
server. But it seems that I have to live with that.

Thanks, Thomas