Re: aptitude - find which package is broken?

Vineet Kumar wrote:
Hello,

When using aptitude, I often see '#Broken: 1' in the status bar.  For my
particular mishmash of packages, I often find that the best way to fix
my dependencies is by going through and selecting versions of broken
packages and the packages they depend on.  The problem is, when I see
'#Broken: 1', I don't know how to find that one broken package in the
haystack 13000+ needles high.

Does anyone know how to do it?  Or is the answer really just "hold PgDn
and look for that flash of red"?

good times,
Vineet

Going to the 'g' screen will tell you what is broken most of the time. Either by telling you program X is broken or that it has to be removed. Though I was just playing around and it seems like if you gratuitously break something[try to remove something that other packages depends on for no reason[in which case you can see the broken packages directly in the package listing of the package you changed], the broken package is the package you edited, etc.] it will overrule your change and revert back to the unbroken state.

Travis

ps can someone let me know if I am signing this incorrectly since I have just started using gnupg...