Re: Password-less IMAP access: Public Key?[cf keystore]

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 06:46:25PM +0100, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 04:36:59PM +0100, Tom Badran wrote:
> > Ive always like the idea of having private keys on a smart card, so
> > even if my laptop gets stolen my keys are safe. Shame i cant afford
> > a smart card reader though.
> Use a small compact flash and pcmcia cf adapter [?3 ebay] An encrypted
> loop file system would finish it off nicely, but i havent got that to
> work yet :(

And then this card would reside in the pcmcia slot for convenience, and
be stolen right along with the rest of the laptop.

Why not just use a USB memstick, like the thumbdrive or similar?

--
Jamin W. Collins

This is the typical unix way of doing things: you string together lots
of very specific tools to accomplish larger tasks. -- Vineet Kumar