Re: Password-less IMAP access: Public Key?

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:50:12AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I use ssh-agent to manage by keys for my ssh connections.  Is there
> any way to use the same setup for connecting to my IMAP folders?
>
> Thanks to Nick yesterday, I'm using gbuffy to display new mail in
> mailboxes, but when I click on a mailbox to show it (which runs mutt
> -f =inbox, for example) I have to re-enter my password each time.

Not quite what you are asking, but you can put the password in the
command line like so: "mutt -f imap://user:password@mailserver/INBOX"

The only other passwordless option I can think of is Kerberos, and from
what I have heard, you are better off not dealing with kerberos unless
you want to read a large number of very large books on the subject.

-Mark