Re: Password-less IMAP access: Public Key?

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:17:26PM -0400, Mark Roach wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 11:50:12AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > I use ssh-agent to manage by keys for my ssh connections.  Is there
> > any way to use the same setup for connecting to my IMAP folders?
> >
> > Thanks to Nick yesterday, I'm using gbuffy to display new mail in
> > mailboxes, but when I click on a mailbox to show it (which runs mutt
> > -f =inbox, for example) I have to re-enter my password each time.
>
> Not quite what you are asking, but you can put the password in the
> command line like so: "mutt -f imap://user:password@mailserver/INBOX"

I was trying to avoid having a password on the machine.  Nice thing about
ssh-agent is I enter a password once on login and then I have password
access to all my logins.  If someone gains access to my machine my private
key is not worth much without my passphrase.  (I suppose they could then
trojan my ssh-agent password entry program, though.)

Thanks,

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org