Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel-Shite*

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 12:47:59AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > You can apt-get K7 optimized kernels & other distors have K7
> > optimized kernels also &amp; even Opteron Optimized kernels now.<br>
>
> I wasn't trying to deceive, just saying if you're lazy and don't
> change out the kernel in pretty much any distro, the Intel procs will
> run slightly faster on an i386 targetted kernel.

I'm very curious about the basis of this claim.  AMD CPUs implement
the x86 instruction set just as well as Intel CPUs.  Do you have any
references for this?  It seems very unlikely to me.

Even if it is the case, is it really *that* hard to 'apt-get install
kernel-image-2.4-k7'?

noah