Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel-Shite*

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 19:37, Pigeon wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:53:21PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > [snip]
[snip]

> > You don't know that.
> >
> > Maybe purpose of the driver-GPU API calls, the sequence that the API
> > calls must be made in, or the parameters needed could be used, could
> > be used by a sufficiently clever engineer to discern info that nVIDIA
> > wants held secret.
>
> I suppose it's possible, but the fact that manufacturers who do
> release specs don't seem to suffer from rampant cloning seems to
> suggest that either it's not a problem, or intellectual property
> legislation is sufficient to protect their designs.

Well, I never said I thought it was wise; just that maybe that's their
logic.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| The purpose of the military isn't to pay your college tuition |
| or give you a little extra income; it's to "kill people and   |
| break things".  Surprisingly, not everyone understands that.  |