Re: CPU recommendations *avoid Intel-Shite*

On Sat, 2003-05-03 at 06:44, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 05:46:36AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > *ALL* of NVIDIA's cards from the Riva TNT2 up to the Quadro FX
> > are supported under Linux just as well as under Windows, because
> > of the uniform driver.  What other (non-mobo) h/w company can say
> > that it supports Linux just as well as Windows?
>
> Too bad they went with Windows for the idea of stability and ease of
> use.

???  Where did I say that?

However, the new "universal installer" has worked great for me,
even when upgrading the kernel.

> > Yes, it's a binary driver, and I'm not happy about that, but I
> > can live with it...
>
> I could live with it if it wasn't fscking unreliable with no
> improvement between revisions.

It's been pretty (no, totally) stable for me...
Asus K7V133
Via KT133
Riva TNT2 M64
Sarge
  XFree 4.2.1-6
  GNOME 2.2.1

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| An ad currently being run by the NEA (the US's biggest    |
| public school TEACHERS UNION) asks a teenager if he can   |
| find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the   |
| elements.                                                 |
| And they wonder why people think public schools suck...   |