vim broken: unstable / hppa

I filed a bug on this a few days ago, was wondering if anyone else has
been bitten.  See #190585

vim segfaults on startup on this system.  Given that it's my editor of
choice (currently using nvi, it *sucks* ;-), this is...frustrating.

I'm not sure if the problem is vim or a library.  The strace output (see
BTS post) doesn't clearly indicate anything failing that I can tell.
Any clues on working out what's wrong, or shared tales of woe,
appreciated.

Peace.

   zIWETHEY: Provocative, super smart, and oh yeah, just a little sexy.
     http://z.iwethey.org/forums/