Re: vim broken: unstable / hppa

On Tuesday 29 April 2003 18:08, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> I filed a bug on this a few days ago, was wondering if anyone else has
> been bitten.  See #190585
>
> vim segfaults on startup on this system.  Given that it's my editor of
> choice (currently using nvi, it *sucks* ;-), this is...frustrating.
>
> I'm not sure if the problem is vim or a library.  The strace output (see
> BTS post) doesn't clearly indicate anything failing that I can tell.
> Any clues on working out what's wrong, or shared tales of woe,
> appreciated.

This definitly should not happen.
The only tip I have is: start vim without any .rc-file, and see if it
still dumps.

You can do so with
vim -u NONE -U NONE

If it's a real pain, go to www.vim.org, download the sources and compile
the newest version (vim 6.2) on your machine. It' really easy.

HTH, Michael